Located In Stratford CT, Monroe CT and Boca Raton (561) 245-4636 FL
For a 16 or 17 year old to test for and receive their Driver’s License, a student must have all of either A or B:
- The student has held his or her Learner’s Permit for a minimum of 120 days
- Completed 30 hours of classroom instruction with a commercial driver education school (including Drug and Alcohol/Safe Driving Practices Class)
- Had at least 40 hours of behind-the-wheel experience including a minimum of 8 hours with a commercial driving school (out of the 40 hours state requirement)
- OR a combination of hours with the minimum of 8 at a commercial driving school and the rest of the hours with a parent or guardian.
- Held his or her Learner’s Permit for a minimum of 180 days
- Completed a state-certified 8-hour Drug & Alcohol/Safe Driving Practices Course, including a
2 hourparental training unit
- Had at least 40 hours behind-the-wheel instruction with a parent or guardian
- Parents are required to teach 22 hours of classroom material at home. (We highly recommended that the 22 hours of classroom instruction be completed through Knepler Driving Schools)
See our Packages page for classes available to help you meet these requirements.