Located In Stratford CT, Monroe CT and Boca Raton (561) 245-4636 FL
Senior Citizen Driving Evaluation
Bringing up the topic of your aging parent’s driving is never easy. We are here to help!
Driving is a complete skill that requires certain physical, visual and mental abilities. Participation in a driver improvement course or taking behind the wheel lessons is a good way to refresh your driving skills and be prepared for the state licensing.
We provide rehabilitative evaluations and services.
Here are a few suggestions when having the conversation about driving with an aging parent.
(1) Start the conversation early
(2) Observe your parent’s driving abilities
(3) Acknowledge that this is difficult for your parent be respectful
(4) Have a One on One Meeting
(5) Listen and acknowledge your parent’s feeling
(6) Know when to stop the conversation and be patient.